[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Minimal luck with Vandelay

Deanna Frazee dfrazee at ci.killeen.tx.us
Thu Apr 9 13:13:49 EDT 2009

We just finished installing Evergreen but have not migrated our data
yet.  I wanted to play around with Vandelay a bit, so I tried importing
a few batches that I created from our Horizon database.

I have managed to get Vandelay to say it has imported 1 bib record,
which is a pretty poor result out of 300 in that batch.  However, it
only pulled the leader from the record and ignored everything else.  I
tried importing a single authority, just to see if I needed to do those
first.  When I used the UTF-8 format on the authority, it appeared to
load but seems to hang after I check the record queue and select the
"Import Selected" action.  This is as far as I seem able to go.

Any advice?  I tried the wiki, but I cannot access the videos there
because of a restriction on streaming video on staff computers.  Silly,
I know, but I can't get them to let up on that rule.

Thanks in advance!

Deanna

Deanna Frazee

Killeen City Library System