[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Sitka's Evergreen documentation in DocBook

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Dec 21 10:13:48 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-19 at 12:18 -0800, Jeremy Buhler wrote:
> Sitka, a consortial implementation of Evergreen in British Columbia, Canada,
> has converted its staff client documentation to DocBook.  The new
> documentation set is available in html and pdf at
>
> http://coconut.pines.bclibrary.ca:21080/docbook/Sitka/current/html/
> http://coconut.pines.bclibrary.ca:21080/docbook/Sitka/current/pdf/Sitka_Training_Manual.pdf
>
> The docs are updated to reflect Evergreen 1.6, though coverage of features
> that are new in 1.6 is limited.
>
> For DIGgers interested in DocBook the xml files are available in
> http://coconut.pines.bclibrary.ca:21080/docbook/Sitka/current/ and its
> subdirectories.  See root.xml for an outline of the DocBook structure.
>
> A brief xml style guide for the Sitka conversion is available at
> http://coconut.pines.bclibrary.ca:21080/docbook/Style/draft/html/index.html.
> Please note that the xml syntax for images described in this guide depends on
> local xsl stylesheet customizations.

Jeremy:

This is really, real cool! You've done a heck of a job proving the
potential of DocBook as a source format. Great work - please send my
congratulations to the rest of Sitka. I've scanned through the content
and it looks really solid; people here will drool over it if we can
provide something parallel. Good thing XML is saliva-proof.

I noticed the commented-out license - it's great to see that that's in
progress, too.

Again, congratulations & thank you!