[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Style Guide for Core Documentation

Betty Ing ingbe at univmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Wed Jan 14 16:21:26 EST 2009

Hello,

My name is Betty Ing, and I am a co-op student contributing to
documentation in the context of Project Conifer.

I have been reviewing Karen Schneider's proposal for Evergreen
documentation, Dan Scott's The Book of Evergeen: Style Guide, and The
Fedora Documentation Style Guide. At this point, I would like to get a
consensus on the style guide. In comparing the Evergreen and Fedora
style guides, I have summarized the common items in a gap analysis.

I would suggest adopting Fedora (it has addressed many multilingual
concerns) and including a style sheet to supplement Fedora in areas
where there was additional guidance from Evergreen. In this way, a
potential documentation contributor would only need to consult Fedora
and a style sheet, which we can continue to update as required. Please
have a look at the attached spreadsheet and provide any feedback by
Tues. Jan. 20, if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Betty