[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] DocBook 5.0 super-quick HOWTO

George Duimovich gparser at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 09:40:42 EST 2009

Thanks Dan.

I checked it out and only had minor problems with some xsl tranforms. I have
a somewhat dated version of XMLSpy on my Windows desktop and it worked well
enough to transform the samples with ease (open file > assign XSL...).  I
haven't looked recently to see what open source XML editors are available
for the Windows environment, but I know folks around here have used XMLSpy &
Oxygen Editor (the later has some reasonable academic/non-profit pricing).

The only minor problem I had was my editor defaulted to IE for parsing in
"browser" / view mode, so a few of stylesheets I tried choked with IE
(probably fixable with some tweaks to the browser options, etc.).

George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque RNCan