[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] DIG resources -- getting started

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Fri Jul 10 09:46:05 EDT 2009

Dear all, since we've had some additions to this group I thought I'd
add a reminder of some basic resources. Everything after 1 is already
on the wiki, but I'd like to highlight the other things.

1. DIG wiki : http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:dig
 We're adding content and organizing this on an almost-daily basis.
Good overview of the project, good insights into where we are headed.

2. DocBook website: http://www.docbook.org

3. Bob Stayton's guide to DocBook XSL:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ ... I cannot overemphasize how
important this book is. It's not just an XSL guide, it's really THE
DocBook Bible (even more important than the Norm Walsh book). If you
aren't going to be directly producing XML you can ignore this, but if
you are touching DocBook, get this book.

4. The DocBook-apps list. You don't have to subscribe, but  you
definitely are wise to add docbook-apps to any  Google searching you
are doing related to DocBook. This community is helpful, prompt, and
knowledgable, and the list is low-traffic. Bob Stayton often replies
to messages himself!

5 .The Norm Walsh book, especially the tagset
http://docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/pt02.html

Back to ALA-conferencing!