[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] July 17 DIG recording, draft meeting notes on the wiki

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Wed Jul 22 07:36:54 EDT 2009

If you didn't make the July 17 Documentation Interest Group meeting,
or you want to relive it (it was actually a pretty good meeting, as
meetings go...) the recording and meeting notes are available here:

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:dig#past_meetings

Thanks again to all for a great meeting! If we are not exactly at that
breakneck pace we targeted when we met in May, we are still moving
along at a remarkable clip.

One small pensee: I was printing out some of the Indiana/Grand
Rapids/SITKA staff client and OPAC materials this past week (because
they make great training material) and thinking how in XML they could
could be transformed into staff client help with minimal fuss. Even
just presenting chapters plain, without graphics, linked within the
staff client would be so useful. Sort of a fast approach to contextual
help. Another use case for going toward XML -- the ability to present
the same info "plain or peanut" for different uses.