[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] introducing ourselves

Tara Robertson information.detective at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 02:38:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

I worked as a trainer/support person on the SITKA team in BC, Canada for
about 18 months. I wrote quite a bit of user documentation for library
staff, did on site and online training, and answered support questions. I
found it a bit frustrating that different installations of Evergreen were
writing very similar versions of documentation, and not effectively sharing
them. I think having solid, core documentation will make things easier for
everyone.

I moved to New Zealand because my partner is going to library school here.
I'll be waking up 6am to join the meeting on Wednesday (my Thursday).
Currently I work as a research assistant at a university and a web editor at
a library. I'm interested in writing and smushing exisiting content
together, proofreading and editing, as well as the XML-ey bits of DocBook.

I don't write code (...yet), so this is a concrete way I can contribute to
the Evergreen community now.

Look forward to learning and working with all of you,
Tara

---
www.tararobertson.ca
twitter: tararobertson