[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Fwd: Shared open-source style guide

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Thu Jun 18 19:55:07 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Karen Collier <kcollier at kent.lib.md.us>wrote:

> This sounds like a great idea, and definitely beats reinventing the wheel.
>  I wonder what their timeline is for putting this together.

That's unclear, but after reviewing it more closely (and sitting in on
another project's docs meeting last night) my advice is we press on anyway
and borrow what we can from other styleguides. It's fairly thin, there
doesn't seem to be a plan to continue it (I know, that wearisome "planning"
thing I keep harping on ;) ) and even our involvement won't pull it forward
as fast as what's optimal for us. Though using what's there as a proof of
concept (along with a couple of guides shared with me by  other DocBook
users) might work!