[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] task volunteers

Paul J. Weiss paul at paulweiss.info
Tue Jun 30 15:56:05 EDT 2009

Sorry for the confusion about which volunteer is
working on which task. Karen and I finally got
our notes, brains, and schedules together, and I
think we've straightened out the task volunteers.
The new version is now posted at
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/DIGtaskassignments.pdf.
Let us know if you are not listed correctly!

We merged 2c and 4c, since it looks that the
proof of concept will be a real document anyway.
After going back and forth on whether or not to
merge 3a and 3b, we're keeping them separately
for now, since the volunteers for each task are
distinct. The 3a and 3b groups (or any others)
are certainly welcome to work together if they like.

The SITKA folks are working out internally which
of them will work on which SITKA-volunteered task .

Paul

At 2009/06/24  12:45 p, you wrote:
>Hi folks, we've had some volunteers for the initial organizing tasks
>for the Documentation Interest Group. The list is linked from this
>page:
>
>http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:dig
>
>(I spent an hour fussing with Dokuwiki tables before uploading it as a
>PDF--my apologies.)
>
>Take a look and see if there is a task you'd like to get involved in.
>They're all important and they're all interesting! Also, if you have
>questions about a task, you're encouraged to ask on the list --
>because it invariably means others have questions as well! Otherwise
>send your questions (or volunteer requests) to docs at evergreen-ils.org
>.
>
>Note that the wiki page has our fuller schedule, so if this is a bad
>time for you, there's more down the road.
>
>We haven't set an official schedule, but it would be good if people
>involved in these tasks could self-introduce to their team members and
>also begin discussion so that we can have progress reports next week.
>
>We also have a meeting Thursday, July 2, at 4 p.m. EDT (a good time to
>report back!) We realize not everyone could make that time, but it was
>the preferred time and it also allows some international
>participation. It's not set in stone... we'll try it for a meeting or
>two and see how that goes. Here are the details:
>
>Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
>
>https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/785317179
>
>Title:   Evergreen DIG Meeting, July 2, 4 p.m. EDT
>Date:
>Thursday, July 2, 2009
>Time:
>4:00 PM - 5:15 PM EDT
>
>After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
>information about joining the Webinar.
>System Requirements
>PC-based attendees
>Required: Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista
>Macintosh®-based attendees
>Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer
>
>Thanks again for your enthusiasm and interest in this important
>activity. This is a terrific thing we're all doing, if I say so myself
>;)
>
>--
>--
>| Karen G. Schneider
>| Community Librarian
>| Equinox Software Inc. "The Evergreen Experts"
>| Toll-free: 1.877.Open.ILS (1.877.673.6457) x712
>| kgs at esilibrary.com
>| Web: http://www.esilibrary.com

Paul J. Weiss
Co-facilitator, Evergreen Documentation Interest Group (DIG)
Librarian. Linguist. Wordsmith
~ metadata ~ training  ~
~ technical writing ~ editing ~
~ XML ~ E-R modeling ~ taxonomies ~