[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Evergreen documentation issues

Anton Chuppin chuppiav at gov.ns.ca
Wed May 6 09:48:48 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 08:55 -0400, Karen Schneider wrote:

> Again, all formats/approaches are on the table ...

I think the steep learning curve should not detract from using DocBook
as the official documentation format. The role of the user community is
in contributing the content and in evaluating the end result. The
official documentation will be produced by a group of people who are
proficient in DocBook (or any other format that is chosen). I can't see
how a clear, complete and well-structured documentation can be produced
unless only a relatively small group is responsible for it (although a
much larger group has to contribute the content). The easy-to-learn
documentation format might produce more documentation not better
documentation.

Karen, what is the best place to see the conference materials? I'm sure
there are a number of people like me who can't go but would like to know
what was discussed and what was presented.

Anton

--
Anton Chuppin
New Technologies Librarian