[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Documentation Strategy Suggestion

Anton Chuppin chuppiav at gov.ns.ca
Wed May 6 15:38:35 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 14:52 -0400, Karen Schneider wrote:

> Initially, we might consider a task force (not just a release manager)
> working very hard to identify all the missing documentation (or
> available but needs conversion/updating). Kind of a
> one-time-good-deal.

I have recently read a book on OAI protocol (by Cole and Foulonneau) and
there was a good description of the initial structure of that project
there.

They had a Steering Committee which was responsible for making "big"
decisions, a Technical Committee which was responsible for
implementation and testing and the OAI Executive which was responsible
for day-to-day decisions and keeping Technical Committee on schedule.

The Executive consisted of two people only which allowed it to be nimble
and at the same time to distribute the workload to some degree.

EG documentation project might have a similar structure, with a steering
committee deciding on the general project road map, the executive (with
a rotating membership if necessary) being responsible for a single
release (or chunk) of documentation and the technical team doing
implementation, testing and releasing different formats of the
documentation.

Anton
--
Anton Chuppin