[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Developer Workshop Videos

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Sat Nov 7 20:38:56 EST 2009

Hi Everyone,

Here are links to 9 video segments from Dan Scott's Developer Workshop at FSOSS, 2009. They cover various topics from OpenSRF overviews to guidance on creating new OpenSRF services using Perl.
They range from 4-18 minutes in length.

Here are the topics and links to the videos:

Evergreen Database and IDL
mms://vista.mohawkcollege.ca/library/evergreen/database_schema.wmv

Cstore, Pcrud and PermaCrud
mms://vista.mohawkcollege.ca/library/evergreen/CStore.wmv

OpenSRF Configuration
mms://vista.mohawkcollege.ca/library/evergreen/OpenSRF_Configuration.wmv

OpenSRF Architecture
mms://vista.mohawkcollege.ca/library/evergreen/OpenSRF_Architecture.wmv

More_Dojo
mms://vista.mohawkcollege.ca/library/evergreen/More_Dojo.wmv

Dojo and Cataloguing
mms://vista.mohawkcollege.ca/library/evergreen/Dojo_Catalogue.wmv

OpenSRF Services and Caching
mms://vista.mohawkcollege.ca/library/evergreen/OpenSRF_Services_Caching.wmv

SRF Shell
mms://vista.mohawkcollege.ca/library/evergreen/SRF_Shell.wmv

Creating an OpenSRF Service in Perl
mms://vista.mohawkcollege.ca/library/evergreen/OpenSRF_perl_Service.wmv

I also posted them on YouTube. A search in Youtube for "FSOSS" or "Dan Scott Evergreen" should find them all... However, I forgot about the 10 minute limit so most were cut short on YouTube so I added a note to visit open-ils for entire videos. I am also working on mpeg 4 download options.

I am following the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License which Dan said I could use for this presentation. The CC label appears in the credits of each video.

Let me know where and if we could link to these from the Open-ILS documentation wiki? They might also provide helpful information for anyone working on documentation. If you have any problems playing the videos, please let me know.

Thanks,
Robert

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.