[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] introducing myself; themes/skins?

Hilary Caws-Elwitt sctylibrary at stny.rr.com
Fri Nov 20 11:31:02 EST 2009

Hello everyone,

My library is part of a III/Millennium consortium transitioning to
Evergreen. I'm an open source fan from way back so I'm thrilled. My job
is to make the transition as easy as possible for the rest of the
staff--I'm learning as fast as I can. We won't be involved in the
install/configuration directly, so I'm running the PINES demo client
(although I have ambitions of setting up a Debian box at home in my
spare time...)

Before I even show the client to my co-workers, I wanted to have it look
easier on our aging eyesight than it does now. I asked on the main list
and it sounds like there aren't currently any customized themes or skins
for the staff client.

1. Is there any documentation of the css in the classic.jar theme?
2. If not, is anyone working on it and can I join?
3. If it's not an active project, I'd be happy to take notes as I poke
around, if that would be helpful to anyone.

Not sure if this is the right group to ask, but I'm just starting to
learn about XUL. Is there a way to "view source" on the displays so I
can see what classes are being used? If so, where can I find
documentation like that? Thanks!

Hilary Caws-Elwitt, Systems & Public Services Librarian
Community Information Network Administrator/Programmer
Susquehanna County Library, 2 Monument Sq, Montrose PA 18801
Phone 570-278-1881 -- Fax 570-278-9336
info at susqcolibrary.org -- http://www.susqcolibrary.org
info at susquehannaCIN.net -- http://www.susquehannaCIN.net