[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Terms of reference posted

Paul J. Weiss paul at paulweiss.info
Wed Sep 9 12:33:01 EDT 2009

I finally posted DIG's Terms of reference document, at
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:dig_terms_of_reference.
I was able to use several of the editorial suggestions you all sent in.

Some of you commented on the term "terms of reference". It means the
foundational documents of a group. It is used commonly outside of the US;
Google finds 3.8 million pages containing the phrase. Several
international groups I have been involved with, including IFLA, use the
term extensively. For more information, see:
	http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/terms-of-reference.html
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terms_of_Reference

Paul