[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Documentation updates

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Wed Aug 11 13:38:08 EDT 2010

jenny,

That is a good question. The other question is at which document level we need to add a statement like this: part, chapter, section, every paragraph?

If one of these divisions is static in that it is the content of a person or corporate entity, I think that a statement can be added in the intro to that particular part or chapter. However, this becomes more complex if a section  is dynamic in that content would be contributed from a number of sources which would be my expectation over time. Moreover, I suspect that there is going to be a lot of adding, mashing, mixing, remixing, revising, editing, etc... over time by a lot of participants for a lot of different places.

I wonder if a statement could be added to the copyright statement at the beginning of the document and the copyright statement at the bottom left of the document pages to give a list of all the sources for the documentation indicating that "much of this documentation in based on that made available through SITKA Evergreen (http://sitka.bclibraries.ca/) etc..."?

As well, corporate entities involved in the documentation should also be listed in the Appendix chapter:
"About This Documentation and DIG (Call for participation & credit for participants)"

Would that be sufficient?

Robert