[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] 2.0 Features - Overview

Amy Terlaga terlaga at biblio.org
Thu Aug 26 10:24:15 EDT 2010

Hi all-

I'm not sure if you've discussed this at all yet, but here's what's being
discussed on the #evergreen IRC channel this morning (and are any of you
playing around with 2.0 in trunk yet?):

(10:02:04 AM) afterl: On this: (9:03:23 AM) ***dbs was also thinking that
some guided tours of the new features would be nice to have; like a series
of screenshots showing how to manage authorities, or how to order a book
using the acq system, or whatever

(9:27:35 AM) ***dbs could do that, if others provide similar for their own
areas of expertise. and as a bonus, we would get a bunch of screenshots that
we could link from the front page
(9:28:10 AM) tsbere: I wouldl do a guided tour of the staff client changes I
have made so far.......but 99% of them aren't UI related.
(9:29:10 AM) gmcharlt: dbs: we're (slowly) putting together release notes
for all of the KCLS stuff we've done, but since many of the principals are
at KCLS this week, I wouldn't expect much in the way of writing this week
(9:30:01 AM) dbs: gmcharlt: cool! on the wiki somewhere so I can merge in my
little bits?
(10:02:38 AM) afterl: dbs: could you let us all know when this gets
underway? Biblio staff just got a quick demo of some of the new features in
2.0 from bshum
(10:03:54 AM) afterl: Part 2 of bshum's demo is scheduled for next Wednesday
and after that, he'll set it up for us to play with the new settings. We
could help out with the screenshots/feature highlights
(10:10:51 AM) dbs: afterl: sure, if people think that the proposal has merit
then your help would be awesome

=======================

Amy Terlaga

Assistant Director, User Services