[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Documentation issue or client set-up issue? Local Sys Admin permissions

Turner, Jennifer M jennifer.turner at mnsu.edu
Mon Dec 6 13:10:55 EST 2010

Hello DIG'ers,

I am not sure if an issue I'm having with testing documentation is an issue with the documentation itself or with how the default/non-customized staff client is set up, but thought I would ask the smaller list first...

The documentation (I'm assuming SITKA-contributed, because it mirrors what is available on SITKA's site) mentions that Local System Administrators should be able to edit/create Group Penalty Thresholds for their organizations (http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/1.6/draft/html/lsa-group-penalty.html).  In my experience, the only login that is able to edit these is the "superadmin" or System Account Administrator.  When I attempt to create another admin user and give this user "Local System Administrator" permissions, he/she is unable to select a "Context Location" from the dropdown menu and, therefore, unable to create any Group Penalty Thresholds.

When I first encountered this issue, I was using a slightly customized set of permissions and figured that might be the issue.  However, I am now testing it using a fresh install with the default set of permissions and am still unable to perform certain administrative functions using anything by the super-administrator login (which we would like to NOT give out to our local library administrators).

I have similar issues with other administrative functions, but this is a good example of the problem.  What do we not have set correctly?  Or is there an error in the documentation?

Thanks for any insight - especially from the SITKA folks!

Jenny

Jennifer Turner
PALS, A Program of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
Minnesota State University, Mankato
ML 3022
Mankato, MN 56001
507-389-2000