[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Documentation issue or client set-up issue? Local Sys Admin permissions

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Tue Dec 7 14:42:12 EST 2010

Hi Jenny,

Looking to 2.0 beta4, I think I was able to get some ideas about what
permissions are "missing" from 1.6.1.x in order to get this working
properly.

There are three permissions present in 2.0 that seem related to getting
this working:

ADMIN_GROUP_PENALTY_THRESHOLD
VIEW_GROUP_PENALTY_THRESHOLD
VIEW_STANDING_PENALTY

You have to add these missing permissions to a 1.6.1.x list in the table
permission.perm_list, then creating an entry to grant this permission to
the user groups you want to give editing rights for.  Looks like the
permission for "VIEW_STANDING_PENALTY" must be applied at consortium
depth 0, the other two can be set at system or branch level depth to
control to what extent they can adjust group penalties.

I wouldn't recommend adding these permissions unless you really feel
you'll need them.  Else, waiting for 2.0 release is probably better.  Or
perhaps this is worthy of being a new bug ticket and the missing
permissions should be added back to the next 1.6.1.x release.

Cheers and good luck,

-- Ben