[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Evergreen Documentation Licensing Terms

Karen Collier kcollier at kent.lib.md.us
Thu Jan 7 16:01:35 EST 2010

Well, the deadline has passed, and I count 18 "yes" votes to zero "no" votes.  Congratulations everybody, DIG has unanimously selected licensing terms for official Evergreen documentation.  The licensing terms are below and have been posted on the wiki at http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:documentation_licensing_terms.  I'll get started working on notifying people of these terms, and how they relate to the wiki (part 4).

For pre-existing documentation that did not originate on the wiki, it would be ideal to get official permission to use that documentation under these licensing terms.  If you are the copyright owner, have permission from the copyright owner, or otherwise have the right to agree to these terms on behalf of some of this pre-existing documentation, please do so by submitting the documentation to the mailing list (either by attachment or if the file is big by linking to it) and stating that you agree to its use under Evergreen's Documentation Licensing Terms (http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:documentation_licensing_terms).  If you're not the right person to agree, but know who is, please talk to that person about it.

I would love to see us get documentation writing off to a running start in 2010.  To this end, perhaps those with a few minutes could take a look at the proposed documentation outline and consider what portion you would like to begin working on.  Drop an email to docs at evergreen-ils.org to let the facilitators know.

Happy New Year!

Thanks,
Karen