[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] ***SPAM*** Re: Documentation question: restoring customizations after upgrade

krenar rexhepi krenari at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 11:02:26 EST 2010

First of all i want to thank you for everything you are doing for making
world better. :)
I'm trying to get support for implementation of Evergreen in Presevo and
Bujanovac book library. James Make Dupont suggest me to contact you. please
be patient and ready email below, i have done project description.

*The modernization of the library’s administrative services**

*      The idea of this project is to modernize the managing system of the
library of the city of Bujanovc and Presevo. The project includes the whole
computer systematization, training working staff, and increasing the
security of the data that the library contains and it can provide to the
readers. For many reasons today libraries worldwide are looking toward more
modernized and sophisticated managing systems, such as electronic ones. In
lack of proper management and poor working conditions, library workers or
readers often face difficulties during this process.

      The long procedures necessary to perform a task or provide a service,
difficulties to find books in the bookshelves*, * and lost books are some of
many factors which in a way or another affect the ongoing library operations
hence results in a low work effectiveness and efficiency. Thus through the
implementation of this project we can progressively improve administrative
services of the library, make the working ambient more attractive and easier
for the librarians, strengthen the interaction between the library and the
readers, and possibly extend the interest for reading.

      If the project will be approved and financial resources will be
obtained, we can immediately start on planning and implementing the project.
As any project, this project has its estimated costs and timeline. After
doing a proper cost-benefit analysis we can find realistic results upon
which our decision making process will depend.

      The implementation timeline is divided in two parts such as technical
and training part. Technical part has to be completed firstly in order to
continue with training and other stuff. The first thing that we as a group
have to do in order to start the operations is to buy one server, four
computers, one switch, and one router. These are some of the main equipments
without which the implementation of the project could not be realized.
Configuration and installation process can take 1-2 weeks. After the
implementation of the technical process comes training process, which can be
more difficult or can take more time to be implemented because of many other
reasons except financial ones, such as trainer’s ability to improve
librarian’s computer skills, and librarian’s adaptability to changes.
      However we believe that with a high commitment and responsibility of
our trainers we can manage to train completely the librarians, by working
intensively 4 hours a day within a timeline of two weeks. Furthermore, the
relocation process of the data from the paper to the electronic base is a
long process which takes time and effort, depending on the number of the
books or materials that the library actually possesses. This task will be
performed by the librarians, right after they successfully will finish their
trainings, pass the test, and meet working requirements.