[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Introductory Material for the Book of Evergreen

sarahc at zionsville.lib.in.us sarahc at zionsville.lib.in.us
Tue Jul 27 10:43:18 EDT 2010

> 1) Is anyone working on the Public OPAC section? I do not see
anyone
> signed up for this section. If not, Does anyone have any simple
text
> documents for 1.6 they could send to be converted to XML? Anything
at all? If I get content in a word or other text format, I can
> convert to XML and get it into the repository.

I took a look at the OPAC stuff we have in Indiana, here are links
to a tip sheet on searching aimed at users:

http://www.in.gov/library/files/Advanced_search_guidelines.pdf

http://www.in.gov/library/files/Evergreen_Online_Catalog_Searching_Guidelines_April_2010.pdf

And a section on holds that is for staff, that could be adapted for
users:

http://www.in.gov/library/files/Understanding_and_Using_Holds_1228_Version_2.pdf

Sorry that stuff is PDF. Attached is the section on holds I've made
for catalogers as a word document.

I teach a class to the public on using the OPAC, and I'm planning to
create some handouts that are aimed at the public on bookbags, My
Account, etc. I'll send those along next week.

Sarah

Sarah Childs
Senior Cataloger
Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library