[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Re: Forming Teams by Topic

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Tue May 25 12:02:53 EDT 2010

*As for the context-sensitive help, the functionality is there, so make
use of the local hooks it provides.  Focus on that for your immediate
needs, and then later, maybe donate all that content to DIG to use for
seeding stock help files (after an appropriate scrubbing of policy
specific information, etc.)  Or better, make it available all the time
under an open source license, so anyone interested could use and adapt
it, without waiting for official "releases" from you.  In time, you
may find yourself using the community maintained versions of these
files, with smaller and smaller customizations needed for your local
installation.*
*
*
*Evergreen developer versus Equinox  - check!*
*You volunteer to be the contact to get us started - check!*
Use local hooks - check!
Donate to DIG - well, I'd rather work with DIG from the get-go
*Make it available under open source license - check!  (same license
Evergreen uses?)*
*
*
*Our intention is to ensure that whatever context sensitive help is created
is available immediately (or as soon as possible) for the world.  I think I
get tripped up on how to ensure we (people writing the help) can see what it
is we are writing our help for - what does the screen look like, what is
most likely going to trip up the user of this screen or this area of the
screen, what are users going to be trying to accomplish here, etc...*
*
*
*I think next step is to get on the phone and discuss how to set up the
environment to do these things.  I think we are on the same page
conceptually but  the particulars are far from clear.*
*
*
*I'll sit tight for a couple days to see if others have an opinion on this
thread....*
*
*
*Lori Ayre*