[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] cover art

Tara Robertson information.detective at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 21:42:23 EST 2010

Hi,

I know it's possible to use commercial cover art and enhanced OPAC content
with Evergreen. If it is possible, how hard would it be to do? (I realize
this is a 'how long is a piece of string' kinda question.) I'm wondering if
it's possible to have a local cover art collection and if anyone has done
this...

Our library has an awesome artists' books collection and our users are
visual people. It's unlikely that these titles would be included in a cover
art subscription.

We're currently using Horizon, and this is not possible. It's not a deal
breaker, but it's something that would be really nice.

I read the feature list for 2.0 and don't see it mentioned.

Thanks,
Tara