[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] docs.evergreen-ils.org (yay!) and bugreporting / feedback process

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Wed Oct 20 07:44:23 EDT 2010

This is great stuff. Dan, thanks for elevating that link as I was going
to propose the same.

DIG++

Cheers,

George
NRCan Library

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-documentation-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org
[mailto:open-ils-documentation-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On
Behalf Of Dan Scott
Sent: October 19, 2010 23:22
To: open-ils-documentation at list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] docs.evergreen-ils.org (yay!) and
bugreporting / feedback process

Thanks tons to the DIG for getting that nice landing page up at
docs.evergreen-ils.org! I've updated
http://evergreen-ils.org/documentation.php to get the DIG-produced docs
listed as the official documentation of the Evergreen project -
suggestions to tweaking that page further would be welcome, I just
wanted to start getting people to the draft manual for 1.6. It's coming
along quite nicely!

Of course, with greater visibility possibly comes a little more
complexity in processes. I'm not sure if the DIG has set up a process
for handling documentation bug reports / feedback as of yet, but it
might be a good time to hammer that out and add a link to that process
from the footer of each page of the HTML documentation. It might be nice
to use the same http://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen instance that we use
for the code so that we can easily collaborate between code developers
and doc writers if necessary. If the bug reporting process is a part of
the documentation itself, then I suppose even the PDF version could
include it (in an appendix or a preface possibly?)

Dan