[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] A simple sys-admin doc addition.

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Fri Sep 10 15:30:05 EDT 2010

One note of caution. Some of the links on the the Evergreen Administration Documentation page seem to lead to older information.

For example: the link: Organization and Policy Editing
leads to this: http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:policies

which discusses the CGI method of setting up org units and has links to other older documents. I thought that in 1.6 the CGI method is the non-preferred method of setting this up and that this will be discontinued in 2.0?
There is information on some of these pages which could be misleading for new Evergreen users installing Evergreen 1.6+.
For example, this statement in from the org units policy page at http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:policies:ou: "The current stable (1.2.x) bootstrap interfaces provide no facility for removing organizational units. To remove an organizational unit, you must use SQL to delete the organizational unit directly from the database...."
In 1.6, I believe one can delete org units from the staff client.

Robert