[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] work in progress...

steve sheppard ssheps at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 10:38:54 EDT 2010

All,
Just finished up more parts of "Serverside Installation" with the expansion
of several subsections.
It has more-or-less been scanned for proper semantic markup, spelling, etc.,
and is ready for general review.
Also updated the dokuwiki to suit.

Onward to other subsections for installation of PostgreSQL and Apache.
-------------------------------------

Also, maybe this has already been covered?...
They weren't in our initial outline, but since the new versions Evergreen
1.6.1.x and OpenSRF 1.4.x now show up on the "Evergreen Downloads" web page
( http://open-ils.org/cvs.php ), should we add those two versions to the
"Server-side Installation" section?

Of course, that begs the larger question: "How should we handle adding
the-next-Evergreen-version  to our docs?"

I would think that the "Install Current Version" section is always in flux
as we modify it to suit the-next-Evergreen-version, and the section "Install
Previous Versions" section is then modified by having the *previous*
the-next-Evergreen-version  prepended to the (growing) list of previous
version instructions.
What think you?

Cheers!
--Steve