[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] I would like to volunteer with documentation work

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Mon Apr 11 14:22:25 EDT 2011

Hola,

I have been lurking recently on the documentation list and now I want
to volunteer. The main reasons is because I need to use the
documentation myself :) I will try to learn the basics of DocBook and
get git set up before our conference, so I can hit the ground running
at the Hackfest DIG meeting.

For now I want to start with small documentation projects/assignments
to get my feet wet (proofreading/testing/writing/etc). My current main
documentation interest is in EG 2.0 data migration, but I don't mind
working at first on a different area.

For the record, I work in Boston as the system administrator for a
small music library that is moving to EG in the near future. I have a
strong programming background (PHP/Javascript/SQL/Bash) and have
worked a lot with HTML/CSS/XML/WikiText. I also have basic experience
with version control (subversion), but I am still learning Perl. I
know how to install Evergreen 1.6.x /2.x , though I am still learning
how to migrate data. Finally I am fluent in Spanish.

Up to know I have "officially" attended the last DIG IRC meeting,
added myself to the participant list, and now written this letter. I
believe the next step is pick an area to help with? Any other
suggestions?

Thanks and see you in Decatur,
Yamil Suarez - yboston