[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Newbie introduction

Ben Ostrowsky ben at esilibrary.com
Wed Apr 20 10:43:04 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Janet McGowan <
janet.mcgowan at ptfs-europe.com> wrote:

> We've started putting together our user guides for Evergreen
> (Circulation/Opac
> so far) and I'll be very happy to share these in any way you think fit -
> if you can make allowances for the UK spelling that is!

Absolutely! I've seen one open-source software package with en-GB, en-US,
and en-US in Shavian transliteration. I'm confident that we don't need to go
that far, but perhaps UK and Canadian users can Britishise the documentation
so it's *spelt* right while we Americanize your documentation so it's *
spelled* right.

Oh, and if you buy the first round at a pub in Decatur, make sure the
Americans at your table know they're each supposed to buy a round as well.
We're not as civilised over here. :)

Ben