[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Documentation Interest Group Meeting: Today, December 5

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Mon Dec 5 10:45:30 EST 2011

Dan,

Thank you very much for the recap of the DIG related discussions
that occurred at the last EG community meeting. I just got a chance last
night to read over the logs, and I am glad that you have gotten already got
the rest of DIG informed before our afternoon meeting.

With what I have seen of ASCIIDoc, I definitely see why its simple syntax
is so appealing. My early thought is that at this point I think that
getting rough documentation in ASCIIDoc from developers (or non-developers)
would be really great, even if we still have to do automatic conversion to
DocBook to match our current DIG set up. I am glad to report that both
Robert Soulliere I have done some testing with converting from ASCIIDoc to
DocBook. At this very early junction, my initial results have been
promising, though only for converting the README file. I suspect Robert
might has had similar results. Switching to an all ASCIIDoc workflow at
some point in the future could make sense specially if we get a lot of
ASCIIDoc documentation, but I am not sure when it would be the time to make
that decision.

Thanks again,
Yamil