[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Single-sourcing install docs (was: Re: 2.0 documentation problems)

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sun Jul 24 15:11:55 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Jason Etheridge <jason at esilibrary.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
>> If we have just one source for install instructions, then all eyes
>> (tech writers and developers and users) will be on the same info, and
>> this critical area of the docs should be able to be improved across
>> the board without duplicating or triplicating effort.
>
> +1

FWIW, here's the HTML output of the version of the AsciiDoc README
that's waiting to be merged into master:
http://evergreen-ils.org/~denials/README.html

I think I've pulled in the most relevant portions of the wiki that
were still outstanding, thanks to some feedback from yboston in IRC;
the changes are sitting in the dbs/README-complete branch in the
Evergreen working repo.