[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] DIG version of Acq docs (was: Acquisitions and Serials Documentation Drafts Now Available)

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Sat Mar 5 21:32:20 EST 2011

Dan,

> I would be thrilled if someone else gave AsciiDoc a spin; as it is, I
> probably won't have time to tackle this for a few days. Note that
> while I said that screenshots were superfluous, AsciiDoc can handle
> them quite easily - so if, say, Equinox or someone else wanted to try
> converting one of the other docs to AsciiDoc, it's an option.

I will be giving it a spin and am currently testing with the acquisitions - admin functions documentation shared by GPLS.

I will also:
1. Discuss and demo this tool at my documentation related presentation at the Evergreen conference
2. Bring it up at a DIG meeting to include asciiDoc as an official format in the documentation work flows.

At the very least, this tool saves a ton of DocBook coding time and I plan to use it a lot in the future.

Thanks,
Robert

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.