[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Installation Documents from README files.

Steve Wills steve.wills at lyrasis.org
Sun May 1 12:29:56 EDT 2011

I heard today on IRC that there may be as many as 3 or 4 different install documents that get created for a given version of Evergreen.

1. the README file created by the developers
2. A Wiki page which may also be created by developers
3. A Web page.  I am a little confused about the difference between the Wiki page and the Web page.
4. A DocBook  DIG version that may be created independently but probably sourced from the README file at some point in time.

I am wondering if my perception is accurate and, if so, what we can to to minimize version drift among these very important documents.

I think I would suggest that we designate the README as the source of authority for this information and it gets used to spawn other versions.  Further, bugs found while using any version of these documents need to find their way back to the README, which then spawns all other revisions.  Is this reasonable?

Stev3