[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Supporting Projects/Useful links page in Docos

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Mon Sep 5 13:19:47 EDT 2011

Steve,

This is a good idea and I have needed links like that in the past. Though I would be concerned with the links going bad over time or out of date with the versions actively used by the project. I don't want to discourage anyone, but I wanted to air some basic concerns. I would recommend that when a link is listed, that the title of the page be listed as well, in case the original link goes bad so Google could be used later on to find a mirror page or similar content. I would also suggest that the links list the exact version software targeted, if possible, to help catch if a link needs to be updated in the future. This also makes me think that in a perfect world we should run an link checker on our official docs to catch links that do not work.

Just my two cents,
Yamil