No subject

Fri Dec 14 15:48:43 EST 2012

changes to rel_2_5, and don't touch the tags/rel_2_x_y branches.

The reason for this is that the tags/rel_2_x_y branches historically
have existed only for the purpose of sticking in a few commits that
are specific to the release tarballs -- specifically, things like
change logs, commits that bump up the version number, and schema
upgrade scripts (though that last practice has been the source of
problems over the years).  When it comes time to cut (say) 2.5.4, the
release maintainer will be creating the tags/rel_2_5_4 branch form the
current rel_2_5, meaning that your documentation change commits would
automatically be included.

In the long run, it's my hope that we move way from the tags/rel_*
branches and use true Git tags.

That said, I don't know which Git branch is used for building the 2.5
documentation, but I hope that it's rel_2_5 specifically to avoid the
temptation of backporting patches to the tags/rel_* branches.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton