[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Highlighting new content in documentation

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Feb 29 12:54:16 EST 2012

Hi all,

I am updating the 2.2 circ docs with some new features that are available in
circulation. For the most part, these are features that don't necessarily
require a new section (e.g. new checkin modifiers or new options for
clearing the holds shelf), but I feel like the new content should be
highlighted somehow so that a person who has been using Evergreen can
quickly scan through the docs and to see what is new in circ. Of course, the
release notes also serve this purpose, but I thought it would be useful to
also highlight the new content in the docs for front-line staff who may not
be looking at release notes.

Is there a standard way that the Evergreen community is highlighting new
content or, if not, should there be one? I looked at the AsciiDoc User Guide
to see if there already is a built-in way of doing this, but I couldn't find
anything. Even putting a red, bold "new" to the right of the new content
would be useful here, but I wanted to check with the community first to see
what your thoughts are.

Thanks!
Kathy

Kathy Lussier