[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] serials documentation 2.2

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Fri Jun 8 09:54:15 EDT 2012

On Jun 8, 2012, at 9:23 AM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2012, at 20:28 , Sally Fortin wrote:
>>
>> I've written documentation for a new serials feature in Evergreen
>> version 2.2.  The document, Group Serials Issues in the OPAC, can
>> be found in asciidoc and html format at the Equinox website here:
>>
>> http://www.esilibrary.com/esi/availableDocs.php
>
> A little off-topic, but I'm curious, is there any relationship
> between http://www.esilibrary.com/esi/availableDocs.php and
> Evergreen official documentation?

Great question. My quick answer is that for a while now (about a year
or more), when ESI is contracted to do EG development for either a new
features or updates for new features, ESI bills the client for the
creation of documentation for the work done. Then that documentation
is shared with the community in AsciiDoc and HTML formats. In time,
the ESI docs are added to the EG official docs by the DIG volunteers.

Yamil