[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] serials documentation 2.2

Sally Fortin sfortin at esilibrary.com
Fri Jun 8 10:11:19 EDT 2012

Hi Alexey,

As Ben and Yamil have suggested, ESI is documenting ESI development and
then giving that documentation back to the community for incorporation
into the official documentation.  Of course, like everyone in DIG, I'm
always looking for features that could be documented, regardless of
developer, so that we can continue adding to our knowledge base.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Sally

On 6/8/2012 9:55 AM, Ben Shum wrote:
> Hi Alexey,
>
> I just checked the Markmail archive for "ESI documentation" and came
> up with a few hits of importance.  Full search results:
> http://georgialibraries.markmail.org/search/?q=ESI+documentation
>
> There was some lengthy discussions in 2011 between members of the
> Evergreen community and ESI over how documentation could be used by
> DIG, etc.  I believe Mike Rylander summarized ESI's last position in
> this email: http://markmail.org/message/5674slezaeexuovy
>
> So as far as I know, I believe the relationship is that DIG can work
> with ESI's documentation under the terms of license CC-BY-SA.
>
> -- Ben (not an expert)
>
> On 6/8/12 9:23 AM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich wrote:
>> On Jun 7, 2012, at 20:28 , Sally Fortin wrote:
>>> I've written documentation for a new serials feature in Evergreen version 2.2.  The document, Group Serials Issues in the OPAC, can be found in asciidoc and html format at the Equinox website here:
>>>
>>> http://www.esilibrary.com/esi/availableDocs.php
>> A little off-topic, but I'm curious, is there any relationship betweenhttp://www.esilibrary.com/esi/availableDocs.php  and Evergreen official documentation?
>>
>> Alexey Lazar
>> PALS
>> Information System Developer and Integrator
>> 507-389-2907
>> http://www.mnpals.org/

> Benjamin Shum
> Open Source Software Coordinator
> Bibliomation, Inc.
> 32 Crest Road
> Middlebury, CT 06762
> 203-577-4070, ext. 113

Sally Fortin
Director of Education
Equinox Software Inc. / Your Library's Guide to Open Source
Tel:    770-709-5572
Email:  sfortin at esilibrary.com
Fax:    1-866-497-6390