[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] ***SPAM*** Re: PDF icon: licensing concern & fix

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Tue May 8 12:35:51 EDT 2012

Well, I basically agree with Dan.  Also, as Michael Peters pointed out, some oxygen icons are already in use anyway: http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=blob_plain;f=Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/server/skin/media/images/portal/LICENSE;h=7d6786bef98f278c68c35490759a72e8b858cecc;hb=master.

I contacted Nuno Pinheiro, who is the current coordinator of the Oxygen project for KDE.  My question and his response are below:

A Terça, 8 de Maio de 2012 15:04:18, você escreveu:
> Hello, Nuno.
>
> The Evergreen Documentation Interest Group is trying to clarify licensing
> for the Oxygen icons.  We are considering using them for the Evergreen ILS
> project (http://open-ils.org/).
>
> The website http://www.oxygen-icons.org/?page_id=4 lists the icon theme as
> dual-licensed.  In the KDE repository, the Oxygen theme is licensed only
> as LGPL.  Is LGPL currently the only license applicable to the Oxygen
> icons?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Alexey Lazar
> PALS
> Information System Developer and Integrator
> 507-389-2907
> http://www.mnpals.org/

yes lgpl v2 is the curreent licence, its less restrictive than the cc licence and I wont sue any one that uses oxygen :)
--
Nuno Pinheiro | nuno.pinheiro at kdab.com | UI Designer