[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] PDF icon: licensing concern & fix

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Fri May 25 11:33:36 EDT 2012

> Can I ask the DIG if we can go ahead with this icon as a placeholder,
> and if anyone with more design skills wants to step up with an
> alternative (that still avoids the whole derived red scripted "A"
> problem), we can always replace it?

Well, apart from the fact that I still think we are trying to solve a copyright issue that does not exist, I think this is a fine idea for a placeholder.  I could refine it some more, but let me look around and see if there is an icon or icon set out there that we could use that matches our licensing and alleviates any other potential concerns.  Perhaps this could be done in conjunction with the upcoming website revision.

I would also support leaving the icon as is, unless we are asked to remove it, or just using plain text-as-text and spelling out PDF for that link.

Alexey Lazar
PALS
Information System Developer and Integrator
507-389-2907
http://www.mnpals.org/