[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Fwd: [Announce] Call for Proposals for Doc Sprint Summit v2.0

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Oct 18 15:11:38 EDT 2012

I'd suggest the group focus on the core documentation (gaps + polish), rather than making something completely new for the purpose of the event. There are enough gaps to fill that can be considered "new" documentation if "new" is what's required.

George

George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque de RNCan

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-documentation-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-documentation-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Soulliere, Robert
Sent: October 18, 2012 14:39
To: Documentation discussion for Evergreen software
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Fwd: [Announce] Call for Proposals for Doc Sprint Summit v2.0

Thanks Galen,

I did have a question regarding scope of the sprint project.

Here is what the description says from https://sites.google.com/site/docsprintsummitv2/:
"Each Book Sprint will bring together 5-8 individuals to produce a book on a specific free software project. All participants of the Doc Camp must attend a sprint. The books will be launched online in print and ebook formats on the final day of the event."

Should I propose that we take our entire existing documentation to fill the gaps and fix it up?

Or, is it expected that we produce new  documentation. For example, we produce a new "getting started" guide aimed at new users?

Either of these ideas would be desirable and needed from my perspective.

What do others think?

Thanks,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS