[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Fwd: Doodle: Evergreen Hackaway

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Mon Sep 17 13:06:20 EDT 2012

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the feedback! I just wanted to add some clarification. I
think the expectation was that this would mostly be a remote hackaway
that would allow DIG members to, at a minimum, set aside the time they
need to work on documentation while communicating via IRC, Google
Hangout or by some other means (Have we selected a platform for this?).
For many of us, documentation falls to the bottom of our to-do list, and
just setting aside that time to meet virtually was one way to force
ourselves to get the work done.

However, since several active contributors to DIG work in close
proximity to each other, we saw that there was an opportunity for some
of us to meet in person at the same time that the whole group is meeting
virtually. If we were indeed to plan an in-person hackaway, I would
expect that we not only would do more advanced planning, but also
implement a wider process for finding a site host and perhaps to find a
sponsor to defray some costs. I don't know how it is for other DIG
members, but I would find it difficult to justify traveling out of state
for a DIG hackaway, and I expect that I most likely would attend other
hackaways (if future ones are planned) virtually.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
(508) 343-0128