[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Ideas to get more DIG participation?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Tue Aug 6 11:21:11 EDT 2013

Hello,

In the last DIG meeting we talked about how we can get more participation in DIG.

Here is a link to the minutes…

	Summarized minutes by MeetBot: 	http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2013/evergreen.2013-08-01-14.00.html

	Raw log:		http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2013/evergreen.2013-08-01-14.00.log.html

A few of the key ideas we threw around are in no particular order:

A) Creating a survey to better understand why those outside of DIG are not yet participating (assuming they have interest), so we can adapt.

B)  We talked about updating the DIG wiki pages to be more inviting and simple, and removing outdated information

C) We talked about creating "bite size" tasks for new DIG members to be able to act on when they join, or for members that do not yet have the more advanced technical skill like knowing AsciiDoc. (Using Launchpad for DIG is the approach that is being considered to help keep track of tasks big and small.)

D) Online training on DIG procedures and Asciidoc using Google Hangout, conference call, or other technology

E) Some type of IRC training coupled with a training IRC meeting for beginners to try out IRC (Maybe also have a test hangout for teaching folks ho to use Google Hangout too.)

So far Ruth has started a draft of a survey, let either of us know if you want to see a copy of the draft. Though I wanted to first take a step back and let the rest of DIG to give their ideas of how they want to proceed, and we can later on start a new email thread just on the survey.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Yamil