[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] DIG hack-a-way ideas for 2013 (take 2)

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Wed Aug 28 14:37:00 EDT 2013

Hello,

This is a second attempt to start a discussion for to planning for a full day DIG hack-a-way in what is left of 2013. The topic has come up a couple times at the DIG monthly meetings, so I hope to get the conversions going sooner than later. As a point of reference, last year the DIG hack-a-way was held at Berklee College of Music in Boston on October5th, 2012.

I just want to start throwing out some ideas of mine or from recent DIG monthly meetings to get the conversation started…

- We do not need to repeat the date or the location from last year. For example, I can foresee a cluster in Massachusetts.

-  We can meet in separate clusters, in different geographic parts

- We can try using Google Hangouts for communication, as well as technologies like Google Drive and/or Dropbox to share files in near real-time.

- We can spend time in the morning just introducing people on how to use our documentation formatting standard (AsciiDoc), so newcomers would be welcome.

- We can try to pre-arrange to have a test server running the latest version of EG with the Concerto test data set, to use as a reference for writing documentation.

Some ideas of what we can work on during the hack-a-way…

- Convert and update old documentation into AsciiDoc

- Fix documentation bugs reported on Launchpad or mailing list

- Create new documentation for new EG features or undocumented features

What do people think? Should we start suggesting certain dates or locations?

Thanks in advance,
Yamil