[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] DIG hack-a-way ideas for 2013

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Thu Jul 11 15:27:32 EDT 2013

Hello,

I wanted to start the discussion on starting to plan for a full day DIG hack-a-way in what is left of 2013. Last year it was held at Berklee College of Music in Boston on October5th, 2012.

I just want to start throwing out some ideas of mine or from today's DIG monthly meeting to get the conversation started…

- We do not need to repeat the date or the location from last year

-  We can meet in separate clusters, in different geographic parts

- We can try using Google Hangouts for communication, as well as technologies like Google Drive and/or Dropbox to share files in near real-time.

- We can spend time in the morning just introducing people on how to use our documentation formatting standard (AsciiDoc), so newcomers would be welcome.

- We can try to pre-arrange to have a test server running the latest version of EG with the Concerto test data set, to use as a reference for writing documentation.

Some ideas of what we can work on during the hack-a-way…

- Convert and update old documentation into AsciiDoc

- Fix documentation bugs reported on Launchpad or mailing list

- Create new documentation for new EG features

Finally, for those interested, here is a link to today's DIG meeting minutes and raw IRC log…

Minutes:        http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2013/evergreen.2013-07-11-14.01.html
Log:            http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2013/evergreen.2013-07-11-14.01.log.html