[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Suggestion: increase use Launchpad for DIG purposes (reporting doc errors, missing docs)

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Wed Jul 31 10:25:51 EDT 2013

Hello,

This is an action item that I had from the last DIG meeting. I wanted to bring up the idea that we should try to use Launchpad to report DIG related issues like bugs/errors in existing documentation, and to report missing documentation. Of course we currently have a sizable amount of missing documentation, but we are hoping to use Launchpad as a way to keep track of individual request for documentation. Perhaps so that we can use Launchpad during DIG meetings and hack-a-ways to chip away at what we are missing.

One more thing, we might want to add a small comment on the page that is linked on the EG website for submitting bug, so that it mentions some quick guidelines for submitting documentation bugs. For example, a link to the online version of the error or what page number and filename for the PDF version, etc. At the last meeting we also discussed asking bug submitters to add the "documentation" tag to the new bug report, though that can be done by others later on.

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:bug_wrangler:faq

Comments?

Thanks in advance,
Yamil