[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Let's document 2.7!

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Aug 14 12:12:09 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I've gone through the 2.7 Release Notes and identified documentation
needs for 2.7. The goal is to have all of the 2.7 documentation
completed in time for the full release, which is scheduled for September
18. This gives us just a little more than a month to write documentation.

I have listed the doc needs on the Evergreen wiki at
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:2.7_needs.
If you would like to volunteer to document one of these new features,
could you add your name to the list? If you don't have a wiki account,
you can request one by sending an e-mail to docs at evergreen-ils.org. For
people who are new to writing Evergreen documentation, Yamil Suarez has
marked himself as willing to help somebody document a couple of the
bitesize documentation needs on the list. I know there are others here
(myself included) who are willing to work with new documentors if
assistance is needed.

We do not yet have a community demo server with 2.7, but in talking with
the folks at ESI in IRC today, it sounds like they can update the demo
server to a 2.7 beta release sometime soon to help us with our
documentation efforts.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or need assistance!

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator