[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Using Github.com's "Gist" for DIG AsciDoc practice

Lynn Floyd lfloyd at andersonlibrary.org
Tue Mar 11 13:06:40 EDT 2014

I like this a lot.

Lynn Floyd
lfloyd at andersonlibrary.org
Anderson County Library
864-260-4500 x181
http://www.andersonlibrary.org

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-documentation-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org
[mailto:open-ils-documentation-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf
Of Yamil Suarez
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:25 PM
To: Documentation discussion for Evergreen software
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Using Github.com's "Gist" for DIG AsciDoc
practice

Hello,

I got an idea from Remington to use a free feature from the site Github.com
to allow folks to practice writing ASciiDoc. Github.com has a feature called
"Gist" that allows anyone to save a snippet of code in various languages,
and when you choose AsciiDoc you are also able to see your ASciiDoc
converted into HTML.

https://gist.github.com

sample:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4URatF-NX5LcklfSmNWZVdpMmc/edit?usp=sharin

sample preview:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4URatF-NX5LSVNHaGFCbFNSQkU/edit?usp=sharin

One catch is that you need to have a free Github account to be able to edit
and preview your "Gist" more than once. Luckily the process of signing up
for a free Github account is very simple, and only requires a valid email
address.

I went ahead and created a new Github account to share with DIG hackfest
attendees so they can quickly start playing with AsciDoc without needing to
sign up for an account first. I shared the login information with Remington
already, ad I will be sharing the login info with those that show up to the
DIG hackfest.

Thoughts?

Thanks for listening,
Yamil