[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Help on Documentation

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Oct 14 12:18:25 EDT 2014

Hi Dananji,

Thank you for reaching out and for working on one of our bitesize doc
bugs. You might want to take a look at
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:how-to-contribute-documentation
for some guidelines on contributing documentation. In particular, you
might want to start with the intermediate-level instructions.

When looking in the docs directory on GitHub
(https://github.com/evergreen-library-system/Evergreen/tree/master/docs), the
directory structure closely follows the chapters of our Evergreen
documentation - http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.7/. If you can see which
chapter your documentation lives in, then you should be able to find the
file in the corresponding directory in the GitHub repository.

For this project, it generally is a good idea to become familiar with
that directory structure and to see how the files in the repository
relate to the HTML output you see on the Evergreen documentation site.
If you still have trouble finding the correct file, feel free to send a
follow-up e-mail or to drop into the #evergreen IRC channel. We usually
have a lot of helpful people there between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Eastern
Monday through Friday. It tends to be very quiet in the IRC channel
during other days/times, so e-mail may be the best option if you're
working during our off-hours.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator