[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] zip code - zips.txt - pre-populate - Documentation

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Sat Sep 6 16:32:17 EDT 2014

Thanks for all the tips and info everyone.  Please take a look at what I’ve come up with for documenting the zip code pre-fill feature and let me know what you think.    https://gist.github.com/stompro/5d6bea620f7cc01b8443

I didn’t add info about using the google API to brute force gather the data, it seems like an overly complex  solution compared with the others.  I also didn’t add info about using geocoder.ca to gather Canadian postal codes since the site doesn’t load for me.

I would also like to propose that the comments in zips.pm be updated to reflect the fact that the areacode is not used by register.js, maybe it was in the past, but not right now.
Josh