[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] New Docs file extension? (.asciidoc or .adoc)

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon Jun 22 10:43:48 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Yamil Suarez <ysuarez at berklee.edu> wrote:
> Has anyone "taught" their copy of Notepad or Notepad++ to automatically open
> these suffixes? I suspect it will be very easy to do. Though we might want
> to document the process on our wiki.

To do it in Notepad++:

[1] Go to Settings | Preferences
[2] Choose the "File Association" option from the list
[3] Choose "customize" from the list of file types, enter ".adoc" in
the field supplied, and click on the "->" button.
[4] Click on the button to close the settings dialog box.

For Notepad:

[1] In Windows Explorer, right click on an .adoc file can choose properties.
[2] In the dialog box that shows up, click the "Change" button next to
"Opens with:"
[3] Search for notepad.exe (will often be in C:\Windows) and select it.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt